If you’re addicted to painkillers, Prozac, amphetamines, opium, barbiturates, cocaine, and morphine or other opiates, certainly a drug detox program is going to be your best option. Please counsel with a professional who understands the best treatments available. But what do you do while you are waiting to get into the drug detox program?
The answer could be that you get started detoxifying your body gently but effectively on your own with activated charcoal.
Activated charcoal is the burnt remains of different types of plant matter heated up to super hot temperatures in an anaerobic environment. Without the presence of oxygen, the burnt remains become very porous – and these pores are able to snatch up poisons and chemicals. Activated charcoal absorbs up to 2000 times its weight, catching poisons and toxins of all kinds.
Charcoal Treats Attaches to Drugs and Toxins in Your System
Activated charcoal is quite specific for treating street drugs as poisons, and by grabbing onto them you end up detoxifying them out of your body (through elimination). This means you are going through a detox of them from your system.
The effectiveness of activated charcoal depends on the following:
- The amount of charcoal you consume (The goal is to take 8-10 times as much as the amount of drugs consumed. Thus, if you consumed 5 grams of a drug, then multiply 5 times 8 to 10 to get 40-50 grams activated charcoal as the dosage you need to detoxify the drug.) Activated charcoal is not toxic, so if you take too little, you risk not having enough for your body to detoxify the drug. A minimum of 50 grams is usually recommended as a starting dosage.
- What type of charcoal you use – for example, if you use a super activated charcoal, it could absorb up to 3 times the amount of drug that regular charcoal absorbs
- What type of toxic substance you’re using it against – It won’t be an antidote for alcohol poisoning although it is used to detoxify the chemicals contained within alcohol during an alcohol overdose.
- How soon you take it after you took the drug. (Within 30 minutes of the drug ingestion is recommended; otherwise, it loses its effectiveness)
You may wish to know the science behind this. The first public test of how activated charcoal works occurred back in 1813. A French chemist consumed arsenic mixed with activated carbon in a dose enough to kill 150 people. Yet, he had no symptoms of poisoning and lived. (Do not try this at home).
Activated Charcoal Won’t Be Enough to Be Your Own Drug Detox Program
If you’re addicted to harmful drugs, you’ll need more of a long-term cleansing with charcoal and other detoxifying foods. Your liver and kidney and blood need to be detoxified for a minimum of six weeks.
One expert recommends this protocol:
- In a glass of water, add 1 teaspoon charcoal, stir and drink. Do this morning and night.
- Get out your juicer and make a quart of vegetable juice daily. Drink it throughout the course of the day.
- Fast on a raw foods diet with organic fruits and vegetables.
- Take a sea salt bath with 2 cups sea salt daily.
- Use the herb called Kudzu Root in capsule form. Take 3 caps three times a day.
- Every day, do a coffee enema made only with organic coffee beans. Make sure the coffee enema has cooled to body temperature before inserting in the rectum.
The charcoal helps draw out the drug from the body wherever it has lodged itself. The vegetable juice helps the body detoxify itself against other things like chemicals and even heavy metals, as does the raw food diet. Sea salt is also detoxifying; whenever you sit in a bath of sea salt water, your body will begin to normalize its electrolytes and functioning through the nervous system. Kudzu root is also a detoxifying herb.
Coffee enemas help remove toxins through the colon and can pull out a significant number of toxins. Since your colon has a very large surface area, you can remove quite a lot of toxins.
Once again, if you or a friend are addicted to drugs, please seek the help of a professional as the top priority.